- Monday 19th June
Flight from Stansted[STN] to Vágar[FAE] in the afternoon and after driving over to Streymoy and checking into our hotel (and dinner), went out in the evening:
- Velbastaður - views across to Koltur.
- Kirkjubøur - farmhouse and church.
Stayed at Hotel Føroyar above Tórshavn.
- Tuesday 20th June
- Funningur - hay drying racks.
- Gjógv (lunch).
- Eiði (to buy Twix).
- Gjáarskard - mossy waterfall.
- Gjógv (dinner).
- Oyndarfjørður - recce.
Second night at Hotel Føroyar.
- Wednesday 21st June
Back to Eysturoy:
- Heltná river waterfall and midges.
- Hellur and Oyndarfjørður.
Caught the evening ferry to Suðuroy. Stayed at Hotel Øravík.
- Thursday 22nd June
- Hvalba - views across to Líta Dímun from tunnel entrance.
- Skarvatangi - cave.
- Beinisvørð - sea cliffs seen from road over to Akraberg.
- Øravík (dinner).
- Fámjin - sunset which didn't happen.
Second night at Hotel Øravík.
- Friday 23rd June
Morning in Suðuroy:
- Fámjin - tarn above settlement.
- Froðba - quarry.
Caught the ferry back to Tórshavn and drove over to Vágar:
- Bøur - views across to Tindhólmur.
Stayed at Hotel Vágar near the airport.
- Saturday 24th June
- Gásadalur - waterfall into the sea.
- Bøur - revisited.
Following lunch at the hotel drove over to Streymoy:
- Vestmanna - boat trip to the Vestmannabjørgini bird cliffs and grottoes.
- Kvívík - views across to Koltur.
Back to Vágar:
- Sandavágur - red Lego church.
- Bøur - sunset which didn't happen.
Second night at Hotel Vágar.
- Sunday 25th June
- Kirkjubøur - revisited
- Tórshavn (pizza).
- Haldarsvík - boathouses and corroded chain.
- Tjørnuvík - views across to the Risin og Kellingin sea stacks and another non-sunset.
Final night at Hotel Vágar.
- Monday 26th June
Return flights via Copenhagen[CPH] and much excitment with luggage.
- Sunday 29th April
Bus from Chepstow to Bristol[BRS] then flight to Edinburgh[EDI]. Stayed overnight at Edinburgh Airport.
- Monday 30th April
Flight from Edinburgh[EDI] to Vágar[FAE].
- Tuesday 1st May
- Wednesday 2nd May
Eysturoy: climbed Slættaratindur and Gjógv.
- Thursday 3rd May
Eysturoy: Hellur and Oyndarfjørður.
- Friday 4th May
Streymoy: Saksun and Tjørnuvík.
- Saturday 5th May
- Sunday 6th May
Vágar: Gásadalur and Bøur.
- Monday 7th May
Flights from Vágar[FAE] to Edinburgh[EDI] to Bristol[BRS] then bus, train and finally taxi to Chepstow.